Monday, November 26, 2012

Trimming parket with router

http://ezsmart.blogspot.com/
 Next I had to rout the flooring so that I can install a 2" border around the slab.  For this, I used the EZ Tool Track and the SSRK (Super Smart Router Kit).  To keep the track from moving, I could put a screw on each side at the one end since that area would be covered by baseboard and shoe mold. 


The other end was held in place by putting a screw in the side channel of each side, into a board that was screwed against the wall at one end and to the temporary wall at the other end.
Ready to rout...
And done, but notice the far end, the router can't get very close to that riser.  Time for a different setup.
Since I didn't have a trim router, I went out and got this Bosch Colt (since I really like my big Bosch), and made a mounting plate for it to mount on the SSRK.  I made the mounting plate out of 1/4" UHMW and made it so that it could be mounted from either of two adjacent sides, giving me the ability to have the router mounted in the opposite corner and then be able to mount the whole thing so that the router was on one side or the other.  This is set to do the routing close to that riser.
 Here the router base is mounted on the other side so I can do the other end of the opening, up next to the fireplace.
I then used my Dremel Multi-tool to saw that last little bit, most of which will be covered with baseboard and shoe mold, but needed to go to allow the trim to be easily placed.

No comments:

Post a Comment